Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Mid-Week Bliss


My brain is currently buzzing with a shed load of ideas. Projects I want to undertake, projects I need to finish, and a whole manner of new and exciting things on the horizon both personal and some-what professional.

I'm trying to shift things about here on the blog...get into a bit more a routine. I apologise if my posts are a bit erratic at the moment but, it might be like this whilst I try to find some kind of rhythm with my writing and the content which I share with you all on here.
With that said, I've decided to change the name of my Wednesday Bliss post, to "Mid-Week Bliss". This weekly installment was intended to be a bit of a boost, or a pick-me-up for you lovely readers, and I fear it has recently lost it's shine. So, a little name change and a little shake up, I think will do the trick nicely.

So, let me share with you, a few things which I am feeling particularly blissful about this week, and it all comes courtesy of a little bit of inspiration from the Pretty Nostalgic Society, of which I am a Pioneering member. If you'd like to know more...just leave me a comment below or visit the website.

1. Spend wisely. The Mr and I are really beginning to think seriously about looking for a house of our own in the not too distant future. It's been lovely daydreaming about where we might live but, now I find it's time to get down to the practicalities of it. Needless to say, we are making sure we spend our pennies a lot more carefully than we used to, so we can make sure we put as much into our savings as possible. We've been finding lots of lovely things to do for free on our days off, enjoying several date nights at home with a bottle of wine and a new movie on box office, not to mention taking full advantage of our unlimited cinema cards.

2. Waste Less. I've always been a bit of a thrifty being. I think that comes from my maternal Grandmother and her wartime experiences. In the spirit of thrift, I've been playing around in the kitchen making scrummy stews out of Sunday roast leftovers, making us eof my staple baking items in the cupboard to make biscuits and cakes to go with a cuppa, instead of choosing shop bought ones. I've even cut up old scraps of fabric and threadbare garments into hexagons for another patchwork quilt project, instead of just chucking them in the recycling. I always end up feeling such a sense of acheievement, and it's even nicer to see a few more pennies in my bank account at the end of the week.

3. Appreciate More. Frugality in the home has definitely taught me to appreciate things a bit more. I literally count down the days to Friday date night now, taking a little more time to choose that bottle of wine on my way home from work. Homemade cookies are savoured and truly enjoyed with a cup of tea in the evening. And dare I say it, but I've even started to think about coming birthdays and even the C-word...Christmas, and how I might find thoughtful gifts for people which didn't break the bank, and that I know they will truly love. 

Here's hoping.

I'd love to hear what you would all apply to your own little guidelines of Spend Wisely, Waste Less, Appreciate More. Feel free to drop me a comment. I'd love to get a good discussion and share a few more ideas about this.

Have a lovely rest of week. I hope this helped you get over the hump.
Hannah. x

No comments:

Post a Comment