Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Wednesday Bliss: Slowing Down


This weeks theme for Wednesday Bliss is all about slowing down and appreciating the simple things in life. As you all know too well, this is something that is particularly close to my heart, and one of the main objectives I set myself when starting up this blog. 

This week has been full of lots of lovely things but, nevertheless I have been taking the time to indulge and enjoy the weeks events with a full heart breathing in every last lovely second of it.

Long & languid breakfasts. I'm more than guilty of being an espresso on the go kind of girl. (I blame my Italian colleagues for this habit.) Downing a hot coffee hit in one, whilst my porridge is spinning in the microwave. However, this week I've been making an effort to take a little more time. Such a simple act of mindless stirring with a wooden spoon making my porridge in a saucepan, and preparing my morning coffee in a cup and saucer completely changes my mood. I can go from fraught, rushed and snappy, to chilled and feeling positive in a matter of minutes if I change only a couple of things about my morning routine.

Coffee with friends. Normally gulped from a takeaway cup, whilst running to my next errand. But, oh no, not this week. Thursday, just past, I enjoyed a lazy brunch of toasted tea cakes and jam with some lovely inspiring friends. Which soon turned into a hefty lunch of fish finger sandwiches and macaroni cheese, hatching our plans for world domination. Knowing I had nowhere to be, as we scribbled ideas in our notebooks is one of the best feelings.

Evening Telly. Yes, I am one of those people. The sort that schedules social occasions around certain television programmes. And I am not ashamed in the slightest! "I can't tonight, sorry. Wolf Hall is on" has passed my lips on more than one occasion recently. There's nothing quite like the ceremony of rushing to get the kettle on, and hauling the patchwork quilt off the bed, ready to hunker down for the evening, nerding out to a favourite TV programme. 

What are your plans for the next week ahead? Have you had anything to look forward to and help you get over hump day?

Looking forward to catching up with you all soon,
Hannah. x

2 comments:

  1. Your porridge looks so good!! I'm guilty of just shovelling half a bowl of cereal in my mouth and setting off as I'm not a morning person in the slightest.

    I'm currently looking forward to catching up with the Great British Sewing Bee on iplayer tonight (as I'm out when it's on *sob*) and hopefully finishing my new skirt at the weekend. Only the hem to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Its really tasty too. I just chuck a handful of frozen raspberries in with it and half a teaspoon of cinnamon, before putting it in the microwave. Makes it much more exciting. :)

      Your weekend ahead sounds lush. I've got a tonne of sewing projects cut out but am yet to start them. Determined to get on with some sewing this weekend too though. Its been so long since I had a bit of 'me' time with the sewing machine.
      Here's to a lovely slow weekend full of sewing.
      Take Care lovely. x

      Delete