Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Wednesday Bliss...January Blues


It almost feels a little silly posting this weeks edition of Wednesday Bliss. It's so late in the day and I am feeling far from blissful. Those January blues have gripped me real tight this week. So rather than post a little list of things I'm thankful for, and try to force it, I thought I would post a few inspiring images instead, which sum up how I'm feeling at the moment.


I keep drifting off into a dream world of cosy dark evenings, holed up in a cottage to call our own. We've been number crunching like crazy lately in hopes of saving every spare penny we have in order to find a home of our own. This dinky little flat can be wonderful at times but we are both ready to spread our wings. And I'm ready to find a place to decorate how I want, with furniture that we chose ourselves. 



When the blues grab me by the throat I turn to fantasy and fairytales for comfort. A Disney film here, a classic novel there. Escapism is both my allie and my worst enemy at the moment.


Oh, how I long for a little nook like this to hide away in. With a stack of magazines, and a comforting film on in the background, I would while away a few hours in my pyjamas, drinking copious amounts of tea, and pretending that I didn't have to do normal grown up things like pay bills, and do housework. 

I'm sorry for the larger than normal dose of melancholy this week. If you're feeling in a similar sort of mood then why not take a look at my Pinterest boards. All the above images can be found there, plus lots lots more inspiring and comforting images.

But if there's one thing I've learned from my girl crush on Sophie Dahl and her cookery show, it's that there is no shame in being a little melancholy. Ride it out, have a little wallow, then start again the next day. 

Here's to tomorrow...

Hannah. x

No comments:

Post a Comment