Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Wednesday Bliss: Escapism

I was planning on writing something else this evening but, then when I began looking for inspiring pictures on my Pinterest...this popped up on my screen, and it really struck a chord with me.

I literally don't have time to wipe my own arse at the moment, and as soon as I get up in the morning I'm checking my phone, checking the BBC weather app, Whatsapping my colleagues on my to work, and it's all just starting to get on top of me a bit.

I've begun frantically pinning, and longing for the great outdoors. I need fresh air and fields, not sirens and smog. How I long for foggy valleys and icy hilltop winds to blow away the cobwebs. I'm craving hazy winter sunshine, and frosty pavements.

So this weeks edition of Wednesday Bliss, has taken a bit of an escapist route. And here's why...

Being creative. I'm met so many creative and inspiring folk in work this week it's been unreal. Ladies who've started up businesses on their own, artisans who craft their own furniture, and just really interesting people doing interesting things to their homes and hoping I will supply the materials to help them. It's so infectious being around creative people, and I have come home full of ideas which I can't wait to execute...even if I am a little exhausted at the same time.

Far off lands. I received my new passport in my married name this week, and it has made me even more excited about our trip to Italy later on this summer. The last time, the Mr and I went abroad together was when we got engaged in Paris. :( It's been too long. Despite the fact that a few days of our trip will be full of wedding excitement and hectic-ness, I'm really looking forward to slowing down a bit, relaxing on the terrace and sipping wine whilst I read a favourite battered paper back. I'm even getting started on making a few cotton sun-dresses to take with me too.

Dreaming dreams. Last night, whilst reading in bed, I finally finished my copy of #Girlboss the husband bought me for Christmas, and I am feeling super inspired and fired up. I've been reading articles and watching Ted Talks, jotting down ideas, scribbling mini business plans, and (without speaking too soon) I'm finally ready to start on new adventures. I am an eternal procrastinator. I will always put off doing things that scare me for as long as possible but if there's one thing I've learned in the last few months, it's that NOT doing stuff will scare you even more, because you will come to regret so many things. I'm not letting on to any of my plans at the moment because it's all going to be done in very small baby steps but, at least I'm moving forward and actually putting things in motion.

If you're feeling like you need a bit of a kick up the bum at the moment then, these, these and these links might help shake that up a bit.



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture. I'm exactly the same in that fields and greenery help me relax and clear my head. Very jealous of your trip to Italy! x

    Under Blue Lights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thyanks Kate. It's of the Lake District. My absolute favourite place in the country. We went there on our honeymoon and I'm determined to buy a cottage there one day. Fields and greenery definitely help with clearing my head too.
      Take Care,
      Hannah. x

      Delete