Thursday, 22 January 2015

A Craft Room to call my own...





Since I got the sewing bug again, I've been dying to get organised and sort through all my supplies to see what I have, and see what I can make next. I've got bundles and bags full of fabric, tins of embroidery threads, drawers full of glue and washi tape and gel pens. There's so much, I don't even know where to start. Needless to say, and despite being quite cosy, living in a shoebox sized flat can have it's downsides. Our spare room which is home to our wardrobes, (as our bedroom is too small to house them) is currently packed to the rafters with safely packaged wedding presents of personalised Emma Bridgewater china, wedgewood plates and silver picture frames which I daren't bring out to display until we have a house of our own, in fear that they won't last very long. (Clumsiness and small spaces don't mix!)

So I thought I would share with you all, a few of my recent pins seeking inspiration for a small craft space to call my own. How I long for a spare room to sit in undisturbed, to while away a few hours on my sewing machine, or even a shed at the end of a garden with a little stove inside to keep me warm whilst I write my next blog post. If only...(cue deep sigh).

I would adorn the shelves with vintage tins full of brushes and pens, and small wooden boxes to hold bobbins and pins. There would be an armchair with a couple of cosy cushions, and a blanket slung on the back for extra comfy purposes. I would harbour a collection of empty earthenware mugs of tea, and delicate china plates for a slice of cake or a wedge of flapjack for when I needed to re-fuel in the midst of a mad pattern cutting frenzy. 

I think my next pay day treat shall be a trip to Ikea, dragging the husband with me, with promises of Daim cake and coffee so I can purchase a lovely enamel trolley to keep all my sewing bits beside me in the living room. Yes, I shall do that. For now, that will have to do.
A girl can dream, eh?

All images have been taken from my Pinterest boards. If you're looking for some more inspiration then why not take a look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment