Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Wednesday Bliss
















Well, well, well...it has been a funny old week. I started off feeling super festive, then that disappeared into an achy exhausted haze, and now I'm feeling quite Christmassy again. It's quite tiring really. 
This last week, I've not only left my job of 3 years working in retail, but I've also embarked on a new venture working (on a much smaller scale) in a local fabric store. It's been tiring adjusting to the new working pattern but now, I've settled in for the evening, while the Mr cackles on the phone with his best friend, giggling like a couple of little girls (not annoying in the slightest), I've got a chance to reflect on what has happened, and compile my list of Wednesday Bliss.

Here it is. Enjoy...


1. Candles. From the dinkiest tea light sitting in a cleaned out jam jar, to an expensive Christmas scented votive from The White Company (I treated myself with gift vouchers), candles have been bringing me great comfort recently. They're the perfect way to help me relax in the evening, with a cup of tea or hot chocolate, and no other light other than that from a comforting film on the telly. Candles can bring great solace in even the darkest of times. From power cuts, to romantic meals, and even just a good old snuggle on the sofa. I seem to have shares in tea lights at the moment, and will most definitely be saving the posh clove and orange scented ones for nearer to Christmas.

2. Blanket scarves. I'm such a wuss when it comes to being cold. I'm not one for cranking up the heating to tropical temperatures in January but, when I get chilly it really ruins my mood. My colleagues from my previous job bought me a lovely blanket scarf and matching hat as a leaving gift, and I'm not ashamed to say, that I have worn them every day since. They're so soft and snug, and perfect for keeping those early morning chills at bay, especially when I'm walking to work over the Taff Bridge. Cor, those winds that whip down the river are evil.

3. Fairy lights. Again, I am all about the comfort this week. I'm not sure if it's from the sheer exhaustion of starting a new job, or just the fact that my body is slowly going into hibernation mode but, I'm in love with all things twinkly. A little sparkle here and there, dangling from a lamp post, or strung up between the doorways of local shops as the evening draws in. I can't help but feel a little of the child-like excitement within me, bubbling up in anticipation for Christmas. Which leads me nicely onto...

4. Christmas Markets. Cardiff Christmas market opened the same evening that the lights were switched on in the city, and it feels positively magical. The smell of hot roasting chesnuts, and bratwurst cooking on an open wood fire wafts through Cardiff like a Christmassy fog. Some of my favourite vendors are back this year, and lots more new ones too. The Mr and myself are planning our date night around it next week, with yummy pork and stuffing rolls, then a hot chocolate before we head off to pick up a few pressies for family too.

5. My husband! I know, this is a bit of a cheesy one but, he really is a lovely chap. That's why I married him! At the moment, I am feeling all the more appreciative of the fella that drives me crazy on a daily basis purely down to the fact that the last week or so has been pretty hectic. At the moment I love nothing more than chilling in the kitchen prodding at something bubbling in a saucepan for tea whilst he sits at the table asking me about my day. It's little moments like this that often get missed but, for some reason, today, I'm feeling pretty appreciative of them...and even more so for him. 

So, there you have it. My list of Wednesday Bliss. Now, come on, share and share alike. I want to know what you've all been getting up to lately.

See you soon,
Hannah. x

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post Hannah!!!<3 I really love candles too..especially in the chilly evenings, when all that you need is a woolly blanket, a good book and a cup of hot chocolate!! <3
    xoxo
    Martina
    sweetietulip88.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. That sounds absolutely lush! I love a good cup of hot chocolate. Always buy the good stuff in Winter too. Gotta be Green & Blacks.
    xx

    ReplyDelete