Friday, 4 July 2014

The Wedding Countdown has begun...



Well hello there folks. How have you all been? I know, I know what you're thinking... Where the HELL have you BEEN?!
Well you see, I'm fast turning into one of those sad brides who only ever talks about work and wedding stuff, and as much as I know you nosey bunch would love to know how it's all going, I fear I may bore you to tears if I keep bombarding you all with everything wedding related.
So here I am with a wee update and a few pics of what I've been up to while I've been off the grid as such.

First off, I've started making the toiles for my flower-girls dresses which will be worn by my two nieces, aged 2 and 4. These will be made in a scrumptious Belle & Boo fabric, with a blue sash round their middle, but I am yet to buy the rest of the fabrics. Luckily, the toiles fit perfectly, so once I have all my materials there will be no stopping me.

I've finished the bunting which will strung up on my French wine crate for guests to drop their cards into. Just waiting on a bit of DIY help from my Dad to fix some wooden dowel into the corners so it can hang in pride of place.

The invitations took the best part of 4 days to put together from start to finish! Including a couple of days on Photoshop with my Dad tweeking the illustrations which my best friend/his best man did especially for us. The final day, my Mum and I slaved away at the dining table for the best part of 8 hours writing invitations, tying raffia and stuffing envelopes...which was eventually followed by a stiff, well deserved, celebratory drink.

I've been quite pleased with my DIYing and upcycling capabilities with the wedding, and my fiancee is even more pleased at some of my projects which I have managed to fulfil for almost next the nothing. I'll let you in on a little secret. That wooden crate project cost me £1! The lovely staff from Jamie's Italian in the shopping centre where I work, kindly let me have these wooden crates, when I spotted them outside their back door one day. They were headed for the bin! And the paint? This was left over in our cupboard under the stairs from when our landlord spruced up the flat before we moved in. The only thing I had to buy was the paintbrush. Yippee!!

And the picture frame project for our tables was also a hit. Those picture frames came from Poundland, and were revamped with the remains of some Farrow & Ball tester pots. They will be filled with some vintage posters but, the finer details of that, I shall be keeping under my hat.

And so, before I give away all of my DIY secrets before the big day, it is with a slightly heavy heart that I must bid you all farewell...for now. Tomorrow marks exactly 8 weeks until the wedding so, while I try and crack on with rounding up all my craft projects and chasing up a few overdue RSVP's (grrr!), I feel I need to put this blog on the back burner for a little while.
But fear not, my dears, as I shall be back post-wedding with several mega updates for you all, and lots of info on our DIY projects and hopefully some lovely loved up photos of me him, for you all to 'coo' over.

So then, lovely blog readers...the next time I 'see' you all I shall be the brand spanking new, and shiny Mrs Daley!!! Eeeeeeek!

See you soon.
xxxxxxxx


P.s. In the mean time, if you really can't bare to miss out on all the wedding action, then you can keep up to date on the latest goings on, on my instagram account.

No comments:

Post a Comment