Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Wedding Diary: Inspiration

Recently those January blues have well and truly set in, and I seem to find myself longing for warmer climes, and longer days when I can throw the back door open, don a pinny and bake up a storm in the kitchen. Or while away an afternoon on my sewing machine, without an inch of housework in sight.

Our wedding is but a few months away now, and while most brides would be full steam ahead with the planning and organisation, I'm actually trying to take my foot off the gas a little and slip of into dreamland. You see, we're going through a bit of a stressful situation with our venue. With it being owned by the council, and the council currently trying to make cuts and save money wherever possible, there is a lot of confusion circulating around us at the moment. Needless to say, I am trying to get on with other things and push all this to the back of my mind.

So, I thought, what better opportunity to share with you all, a few inspiring images I have collected, and let you in on how our big day will hopefully turn out.



Rustic, relaxed and romantic are the words I constantly use to describe how I would like our wedding to be. Chic, but not so polished that everyone feels like they're on eggshells. I want EVERYONE to have a good time!









 My maid of honour will be my best friend Lizzie, whom I met at University, and my two young nieces will be flower girls with their bespoke Belle & Boo dresses made by my own fair hand.
Flowers will be delicate blooms of hydrangeas and gypsophila in small posy bunches, and displayed in oversized glass jars and battered enamel pitchers.


Our seating plan is a bit of a secret. It's something myself and the Mr are working on together. It's something that is close to our hearts, and I think it will raise a few smiles when people see the finished result.


Blue and white french linens will adorn the tables, with homemade striped runners. It's all about good food, and good company here. And not a chair cover in sight.


Our menu will be displayed on old restaurant boards, and wooden crates will feature throughout the day housing confetti, orders of service, and pastries for the evening guests.


Our invitations and place settings will all be made by hand. This is one of the things I am most excited about. I will be scheduling in a day with my dad to play around on Photoshop to figure out the layout of our invites. And I'm currently frantically collecting wine corks like they're going out of fashion in order to ensure everyone has their own unique place setting  which they can take home if they choose.

A little treat for our evening guests will come courtesy of my Mum and my Aunties, along with several military operational visits on the day ferry to France to stock up on pastries and cakes with which to feed our guests til they are full to bursting. And then if they've got room, there'll be a croissant or two to take home for breakfast. 

So, there you have it. A few ideas and inspirational images of (hopefully) how our wedding should pan out. And you know what, I think I can feel those January blues melting away already.

See you soon.
Hannah. x





No comments:

Post a Comment