Monday, 13 January 2014

From one year, to the next...


Hello folks!
Where has the time gone?! I can't believe it's been a whole month since we last spoke. How terrible of me!


Christmas has been a bit of a blur this past year. From the moment I pressed 'send' on my previous wishlist blog post, the rug seemed to be pulled from underneath me and I was catapulted towards 2014 faster than what seemed to be the speed of light.


There were a few opportunities to put my feet up though, nonetheless, and my determination to slow down and enjoy the festive period whole-heartedly was certainly challenged but I stood strong. December consisted of marathon baking sessions, and the grande assemblage of Christmas hampers for gifts, inter-mingled with 4:30am starts for monster deliveries in work, and late night shopping events, followed by falling into bed at silly o'clock and doing it all again the next day.

Christmas Eve greeted me with the attack of the lurgy in our household, and I arrived home in the evening to a shivvering and palid complexioned fiance, who I swiftly ordered to bed with a couple of Sudafed and a dose of cough syrup.
By the time New Year came around, it was my turn for a dose of the lurgy and New Years Eve was spent making Play-Doh pizzas at my mum's kitchen table with my nieces, followed by a hot toddy and an early night. How Rock n Roll! I was then awoken by the Mr in time for midnight, and we watched the fireworks from our bedroom window before swiftly falling back to sleep again.

  
I have since had chance to catch my breath, and slowly catch up on the cleaning but, it is at this point that I shall leave you. I won't bore you with the details of my 'Spring' cleaning, as I'm sure you're all too aware of it as well but, I shall leave you with a memento of what's on the horizon for me and this 'ere blog too.

It is exactly 7months and 17days until I become wed, and this is running away with me far too fast for my liking too.
So over the next few weeks, expect updates of DIY projects. Frantically posted bloggings freaking out about things that probably turn out to be meanial, and maybe even a few Bridezilla moments too. Here's hoping!

 And finally in the spirit of 2014 (although I fear I may be late to the party). Here are a few my resolutions for the coming months...

Slow down! Even more so than last year. Take comfort in days when I have nothing planned but a stack of DVD's and a copy of Country Living, or a dog-eared book.

Perfect my photography skills. I fear my finances may not stretch to a swanky new DSLR just yet but, I can atleast learn to make the most of what I've got. (Hopefully this will be aided by a cheeky Christmas present from the Mr in, A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book. Thanks handsome!)

Learn to say 'No' more. There is no shame in resting on your laurels and being thankful with the situation you are in be-it professionally or personally, and I certainly need to learn to stop being a “Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir” kind of gal.

And last but not least...and I'm sure this on many of your lists too. Craft more! Learn new crafts, perfect the ones I'm good at, and generally push myself a bit more creatively. From learning to make different kinds of bread, to cross-stitching something for myself and not others, and even get back on track with my garment making and pattern cutting skills. This year will be the year where I become a one woman crafting band. Ok, so maybe not to that extreme but, learning a few extra skills can't hurt, eh?

I'll see you all soon folks. Try not to miss me too much.
Han. x



No comments:

Post a Comment